Location: San Jose, CA / Remote (US)
We are looking for our first Senior DevOps Engineer with the ability to work across different departments to be a bridge between customer support and engineering. Those with strong DevOps and diagnostics skills across multiple platforms who are looking to transition to a more back-end or systems development oriented role are encouraged to apply.
What You'll Do
- Diagnose and help resolve highly technical customer related issues across many different platforms.
- Perform incremental testing actions on code, processes, and deployments to identify ways to streamline execution and minimize errors encountered.
- Implement and improve monitoring and alerting.
- Build and maintain highly available systems.
- Reproduce customer cases for detailed troubleshooting, analysis and resolution.
- Identify and write technical articles or knowledge-base entries, support runbooks, and best practice documentation.
- Mentor and train new team members to help with configuration and diagnosing issues.
- Contribute to code reviews, documentation and other team processes.
- Improve testing suites and better automate these tests so problems are surfaced faster.
What We're Looking For
- Deeply familiar with AWS and other public cloud technologies equivalences (S3, IAM, CodeDeploy).
- Software Development experience including but not limited to Rust, NodeJS, Python, UNIX Shell, and SQL.
- Experience working in a collaborative, distributed team environment.
- Experience administering and deploying development CI/CD tools such as Git, Github, Bitbucket, or CircleCI.
- Deep knowledge of networking protocols and diagnostic tools.
- Strong -- Debian-based -- Linux Administration and Shell scripting skills.
SpecTrust is a small, venture-backed startup with a vision is to provide first-of-its-kind cybercrime defense tools for the tens of thousands of fraud professionals around the world, all of whom are fighting an invisible war against crime rings, state actors, and fraud opportunists. Today, these corporate and public cyberfighters are cobbling together makeshift tools and struggling to align their broader organization in the fight against fraud. Instead of taking down threats, they measure success on how much they’ve lost. Our founders have lived this and we know it has to change, and you could be a part of it.
How to Apply
Email email@example.com with this role’s title in your subject line. Please share some information about relevant things you’ve done (with links if possible) and why you’re interested in joining SpecTrust.
SpecTrust is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. SpecTrust encourages applicants from all backgrounds to apply.