Location: San Jose, CA / Remote (US)
We are looking for a passionate and driven Senior Frontend Engineer to elevate our first-of-its-kind user experience to new heights. Through use of modern web technologies and our cutting-edge defense platform, you will help us continue to forge the tools that business use to detect and stop criminals on the internet. As part of our small team, you will be involved in the design and implementation of our core product, with one primary mission: to build a beautiful, intuitive, and engaging user experience which guides our customers towards harnessing the full power of our platform.
What You'll Do
- Take ownership of the architecture and implementation of the SpecTrust Hub user experience.
- Implement a suite of innovative and interactive features for detecting, investigating, and mitigating online fraud.
- Work closely with our small and cohesive engineering team to ship new products and features.
- Listen to and learn from customer feedback in order to improve the usability of the application.
- Focus on creating an intuitive and friendly experience which encourages users to take action.
- Participate in product planning by helping to refine requirements and improve functionality.
- Mentor and train new team members as the company continues to grow.
What We're Looking For
- At least four years of experience contributing to agile software development teams.
- Very strong experience with modern web frameworks, ideally React.
- Familiarity with modern web technologies (Node, NPM, Webpack, Babel, Jest, TypeScript).
- Experience with data visualization, ideally with D3.js.
- A strong empathy for users and an intention to provide them with the best possible experience.
- Ability to collaborate with product managers to refine requirements and improve functionality.
- Knowledge of UI/UX design and/or experience working closely with a design team during early product phases.
- Experience creating mockups, wireframes, and/or prototypes when planning a new product or feature.
- Experience grooming, estimating, and maintaining a backlog of work for an agile software project.
- Experience developing web APIs, ideally with GraphQL and Apollo.
SpecTrust is a small, venture-backed startup with a vision is to provide first-of-its-kind cybercrime defense tools for the tens of thousands of fraud professionals around the world, all of whom are fighting an invisible war against crime rings, state actors, and fraud opportunists. Today, these corporate and public cyberfighters are cobbling together makeshift tools and struggling to align their broader organization in the fight against fraud. Instead of taking down threats, they measure success on how much they’ve lost. Our founders have lived this and we know it has to change, and you could be a part of it.
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with this role’s title in your subject line. Please share some information about relevant things you’ve done (with links if possible) and why you’re interested in joining SpecTrust.
SpecTrust is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. SpecTrust encourages applicants from all backgrounds to apply.