Location: San Jose, CA / Remote (US)
SpecTrust empowers cybercrime fighters to isolate and remove fraudsters, scammers, identity thieves, and money launderers from good user traffic in near-real-time. Our platform leverages Rust to achieve incredible speed and scale. Working with the technical founding team, you’ll continue to build new features that empower our users to comprehensively detect and respond to constantly evolving threats. As the company continues to grow, your contributions to major product and architecture designs will drive increasing levels of impact to the technical team, the company, and the state of the art for Rust in production.
What You'll Do
- Architect, implement and deploy highly concurrent systems at global scale.
- Leverage Rust to build the next generation of risk management and mitigation software.
- Define the development standards and processes at SpecTrust.
- Recommend and implement performance optimizations and scaling solutions for any of our platform services.
What We're Looking For
- You have at least 4 years’ experience contributing to a software engineering team.
- Strong knowledge of concurrent programming.
- Experience with web APIs and frameworks.
- Strong understanding of Internet protocols, including HTTP(S), TLS, DNS.
- At least 1 year of experience in working with Rust, professional or personal projects are acceptable.
- Enthusiasm for Rust and enterprise Rust projects.
- Deep familiarity with AWS or GCP.
- Prior experience working in a startup environment.
SpecTrust is a small, venture-backed startup with a vision is to provide first-of-its-kind cybercrime defense tools for the tens of thousands of fraud professionals around the world, all of whom are fighting an invisible war against crime rings, state actors, and fraud opportunists. Today, these corporate and public cyberfighters are cobbling together makeshift tools and struggling to align their broader organization in the fight against fraud. Instead of taking down threats, they measure success on how much they’ve lost. Our founders have lived this and we know it has to change, and you could be a part of it.
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with this role’s title in your subject line. Please share some information about relevant things you’ve done (with links if possible) and why you’re interested in joining SpecTrust.
SpecTrust is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. SpecTrust encourages applicants from all backgrounds to apply.