Location: Remote (US)
SpecTrust defends innovative fintech companies and consumer marketplaces from cybercrime threats. Our no-code platform allows our clients to instantly inspect and protect every step of a customer’s journey, allowing them to get ahead and stay ahead of fraudsters, scammers, and identity thieves that hide amongst good user traffic. We’re backed by venture capital firms like SignalFire, Rally Ventures, CyberMentorFund, Dreamit Ventures, and several successful cybersecurity founders.
SpecTrust is a small, venture-backed startup with a vision to provide a first-of-its-kind cybercrime defense tool to the tens of thousands of fraud professionals around the world, all of whom are fighting an invisible war against crime rings, state actors, and fraud opportunists. Today, these corporate and public cyberfighters are cobbling together makeshift tools and struggling to align their broader organization in the fight against fraud. Instead of taking down threats, they measure success on how much they’ve lost. Our founders have lived this and we know it has to change, and you could be a part of it.
What You'll Do
- Provision and manage a variety of AWS resources to create highly available systems, using infrastructure as code.
- Improve logging, monitoring and alerting solutions to help with early warnings. You’ll also participate in our on-call rotation. Fortunately, because of our focus on continuous improvement, resiliency and automation, incidents are rare, recoverable, and quickly followed up by blameless postmortems.
- Diagnose and help resolve highly technical customer issues across many different platforms.
- Help maintain dev-prod parity by looking for ways to ensure applications get to production quickly, predictably, and drama-free.
- Architect and build secure and reliable systems and deployment pipelines.
- Identify and write technical articles or knowledge-base entries, support runbooks, and best practice documentation.
- Mentor and train new team members to help with configuration and diagnosing issues.
- Contribute to code reviews, documentation and other team processes.
What We're Looking For
- You’ve provisioned and managed a variety of AWS resources, and are familiar with their equivalents in GCP and Azure.
- You have experience working in collaborative, distributed teams.
- You have helped build reliable and flexible deployment pipelines.
- You have architected and maintained high-availability production infrastructure that mission-critical business operations rely on.
- You’ve used monitoring tools and self-led investigation to discover hard-to-replicate error cases and unexpected latency.
Experience We’re Excited to See
- 4+ years:
- Working in DevOps or similar role
- Supporting engineering teams employing secure SDLC best practices
- Supporting InfoSec projects and compliance requirements (SOC2, ISO27001, PCI-DSS)
- Practical experience with:
- Github, CircleCI, CodeDeploy
- Familiarity with:
- The web messaging stack: TCP/IP, DNS, SSL, and HTTP
- Company paid health, dental, and vision
- Unlimited PTO (that you can actually use)
- Remote friendly
- Main office in lively Downtown San Jose, a 10-minute walk from CalTrain
Our values inform everything we do. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of race, religion, gender identity, parental status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and to share needed accommodations with their recruiter. Read more about our values.
How to Apply
Email email@example.com with this role’s title in your subject line. Please share some information about relevant things you’ve done (with links if possible) and why you’re interested in joining SpecTrust.